Featured Post

Monday, January 30, 2017

Old Dog

     I have a little, old dog... I know the humane thing to do is to put him down, but I haven't the heart for that. Senility has set in, and he sometimes stands and stares at the wall for no apparent reason. What is he looking at? Sometimes I think he's looking at the other side. What if he is? What does my little dog see? Perhaps I have too much time to contemplate such things, but when you have time, you pontificate on the most innate things. I think he's half blind and deaf at this late stage, so it could be just old age, but perhaps he sees something I cannot... Doggy heaven? Is that the same as human heaven? I would love a 10 minute conversation with my ailing, old dog... We could trade stories of madness...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write stuff...