Featured Post

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Sad Little Song

   
     The room had a smokey, musty aroma that permeated the walls and ceilings; drenching it in an eerie sense of deja vu. The old house breathed long forgotten sighs of days gone by. Was this "home", or some illusion of something that could never again be? I walked through the door into a faded dream. Sounds from the back room plunged me back into an immediate sense of what once was. Echoing sounds of my children playing in the halls forced a grin, but was short-lived when I realized they were but phantoms. Residual sounds of an extinct life. An antiquated, moldy version of my once bright existence. I yelled into the back hall, "is there anyone there?" Only a dark silence responded in a hateful, mocking way. I solemnly crept out the front door, as if strolling respectively through a lonely graveyard. And as I walked through the warm, summer night, I hummed a little song I used to know. The melody eluded me at first, but through my tears, I recalled each and every sad note. Back to my new, dull reality. Time to leave this charade behind... Time to finally forget my sad little song, and begrudgingly move on...   

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write stuff...