Featured Post

Monday, May 22, 2023

Death of a Brother

The clock strikes midnight, the world is still The darkness creeps in, a chill to kill The wind it howls, a mournful sound As I stand here, on hallowed ground For my brother is gone, to a place unknown His soul now lost, forever alone The tears they flow, a river of pain As I try to come to terms with this painful gain Oh how I wish, he was still here To share his laughter, his love so dear His absence it lingers, a haunting ghost As I struggle to move on, but I am lost The night it draws in, as I sit here alone Remembering all the memories, once we had known The candle flickers, a wisp of light As I whisper softly into the night "Farewell my brother, until we meet again, Your life was brief, but you left a mark, On my soul, on my heart, forever more, Your memory will live, forevermore."

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write stuff...