Featured Post

Monday, June 20, 2016

Stupid Little Boy


I look at a young, timid boy looking at me from behind the glass...
I give him a half smile as he quickly looks away...
I have become a cynical, old man with happiness well behind me...
I envy that youthful boy sheepishly cowering behind the glass.
What adventures await him...
The experiences of love, rebellion, and the pure kind of freedom only afforded to the young...
Stupid little boy...
He knows nothing of what awaits him, as the sudden realization of REAL LIFE sets in with old age...
He has no clue of the true reality that will eventually envelop him like darkness...
I wipe the moisture off the mirror and the boy has vanished. .. That old man once again makes eye contact... God how I miss that stupid little boy...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write stuff...