Featured Post

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Music



I close my eyes to all the despair and worldly strife...
I sit and rock in my little rocking chair; ear buds tightly inserted like a life saving prosthetic...
I let the world rush by as I immerse myself into my last refuge...
The bass and treble... The mids and highs... The soft variances, to the percussive booms...
The timeless lyrics jet me back to where my days were longer, and things made more sense...
It was a time when my entire identity was the music... My entire being... My reason for living...
With the passing of that infernal notion we know as time, priorities have changed.
Life got very serious and stoic, but the music remained... A constant in an ever evolving world...
You may remove my eyes... You may cripple me, and take away everything I hold dear...
The music will always remain; if only an echo in my vacant mind...




 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write stuff...