Featured Post

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Humanity



As I look into the eyes of the strangers around me, I see a multitude of things...
Avarice, hopelessness, anxiety, hostility, and malice...
I also see generosity, hope, tranquility, sympathy, and benevolence...
I see glimpses of humanity, not in the swift rapids of social media; but
in the actual faces of people just standing on this rock...
I lose faith in humanity every time I watch the news...
Then I regain it on Sunday seeing all the full pews...
There is mayhem and horror every single day...
Sometimes we beg to leave, but our souls make us stay...
Humans are abhorrent... That much is true...
There is no script... It's all impromptu...
While we are here in this brief time,
remember to be kind and commit no crimes...

















 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write stuff...