Featured Post

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Dream a Dream

   
      I woke up shaking and weak. I made some coffee, and quickly sipped on the hot, caffeine laden drink, slowing trying to grasp my surroundings. I felt so strange. The dark house seemed different this morning. I felt as if I was still in a dream. Why did everything seem so surreal this morning? 
     I walked into the living room with an eerie trepidation. Laying on the coffee table was a .357 magnum revolver. I don't own a gun. Where the hell did this come from?! I slowly walked into the bedroom where my sleeping girlfriend was. I had slept on the couch after our stupid argument last night. I crept into her bedroom. 
     It was dark and as quiet as a tomb. A feeling of unexplained dread filled me as I slowly nudged her. She didn't move. I nudged her again with a little more force. Again, no movement. I pulled the covers back, and to my horror, half of her head was gone. Scarlett pools stained the white sheets, and pieces of skull and brain lay splattered on the wall.
   I fell on the floor trying to comprehend what my eyes were seeing. I looked down at my shaking hands through my blurred tears to see my blood soaked hands still holding the gun! My eyes opened suddenly as I shot out of bed. I was drenched in sweat, and horrified. I looked over to see my sleeping girlfriend. A nightmare. A horrible, extremely realistic nightmre. I looked over on my nightstand to check the time, and in the pale moonlight I saw the glimmer of a large handgun.


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write stuff...