Featured Post

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Autumn Night

 
October 1st. The musty aroma of dead leaves fills the cool night air. The passing of time seems like a blur as the fast moving clouds hide the bright crescent moon. Autumn is finally upon us, and yet nothing has changed. Just another season passing by like a distant relative you see on holidays. Sleep eludes me as insomnia holds me hostage in its chaotic embrace. Morning will come all too soon, rudely shaking me from some pointless dream. And October will soon turn to November, and winter will suddenly appear. I will no longer be able to sit outside and watch the night go by. I will shiver in the cold, longing for the gentle touch of spring. And so my night goes, alone with my thoughts. It's getting late so I will wander around until I can sleep. Goodnight crescent moon. Goodnight autumn sky. I'll see you again within a blink of an eye....

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write stuff...