Featured Post

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Summer

 
The hot wind blows through the asphalt parking lot like a massive hair dryer. I wipe the sweat out of my eyes to adjust the vents, as the AC struggles to cool the van. It's 4:32 pm on a Wednesday afternoon. My mundane day has almost reached its end. Even with the AC blowing in my face, I can't escape the horrible heat. I breathe in the wet, heavy air with a slight despondent sigh. Summer... That magical time of year when in my youth, I escaped school for three glorious months of leisure. Now summer is just an uncomfortable time that I pray passes soon into the loving, less humid arms of autumn. Soon I will be bitching about the cold and my outrageous heating bill. The only time of year that my incessant complaining is at a minimum, is the brief fall. Something about the cooler weather and falling leaves puts my soul at ease. As I excessively sweat and struggle for breath, I look forward to the painted trees and the chilly mornings. So to my inconvenient friend, I look forward to your exit, as soon I will welcome my new friend, called the fall.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write stuff...