Featured Post

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The week

 
As I sit outside on an unauthorized smoke break, I notice the cold, chain link fence in which I am encased. The world is going on outside, without me. This dark week has been filled with disturbing images of genocide. Of tortured animals. I've really noticed just how ugly the world has become. I try not to cast dark dispersion upon my private prison, and it seems trivial when the outside is worse than the inside. I've heard of terrible human disease and sickness. Of hunger and despair. I learned of the suicide of my favorite clown and of the darkness of a city in chaos. Yeah, I'd say this week has been, for lack of better words, pretty fucked up. I can only hope for a crack of light to flood under my virtual prison door. I can only hope that this week ends soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I write stuff...